Sunday, September 17, 2017

High Holiday Tickets

With Rosh Hashanah coming up this week, it seems an appropriate time to post these documents.  My Tolchin grandparents and Joshowitz great grandparents were long-time members of Gemulas/Gemilas Chesed Congregation (which used several different spellings for its name) in McKeesport, Pennsylvania.
High Holiday Ticket for my Great Grandmother, Esther Joshowitz, 1959

My grandmother saved 1959 tickets to High Holiday services for herself, my grandfather, and my great-grandmother.
High Holiday Ticket for my Grandfather, 1959
High Holiday Ticket for my Grandmother, 1959
She also saved my grandfather's ticket for 1962 and hers for 1963.
High Holiday Ticket for my Grandfather, 1962
High Holiday Ticket for my Grandmother, 1963
Happy New Year to everyone!

Note:  I'm on Twitter.  Follow me (@larasgenealogy).

Want to get future blog posts emailed to you automatically?
Enter your email address:

6 comments: